Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI) is one of India'sleading non‐government organizations and the only
national level body focused on relieving Corneal Blindness. Its mission is increasing collection, testing
and distribution of quality cornealtissue.
- Increasing awareness of eye donation through mass communication media including press, radio,
television& the Internet.
- Training eye bank technicians &personnel, defining &enforcing medical&service quality standards
for eye banks.
- Developing new conceptsfor cornea retrieval likeHospital Retrieval Programs&Grief Counselling.
- Encouraging governments to create & enforce a uniform legal framework for eye banking in the
The goal of most treatments is to stop disease progression and preserve or improve vision. In many cases, damage that has already occurred can't be reversed, making early detection important to preserve vision. Your doctor will work with you to determine the best treatment for you, which may include:
- Laser therapy (focal laser photocoagulation)
- Scatter laser treatment (panretinal photocoagulation)
- Freezing (cryopexy).
- Pneumatic retinopexy
- Scleral buckling
- Eye injections